Air Transportation Oversight System (ATOS) Audits:
JDA's ATOS Planning Service (APS™) experts will review your procedures and programs in a well-planned, phased and cost-effective method and identify and recommend revisions so that your manuals align with the ATOS process. JDA's APS™ consists of four stages: Planning, Assessment, Development and Quality Audit.
ATOS implements FAA policy by providing safety controls of organizations and individuals subject to FAA regulations. The FAA uses ATOS to assess compliance using six safety attributes. Under ATOS, the FAA has three responsibilities:
- Verify that an air carrier's operating systems comply with regulations and safety standards before accepting an air carrier certificate and before approving or accepting air carrier programs.
- Re-verify that an air carrier continues to meet regulatory requirements when changes occur by conducting periodic reviews: and
- Continually validate performance of an air carrier's approved and accepted programs to ensure continued operational safety.
Operational Assessments, Airworthiness and Safety Assessments
Benchmark your current operation and provide a blueprint for continued regulatory compliance. JDA's aviation specialists perform confidential assessments for:
- Operational control compliance
- Aircraft airworthiness
- Flight operations
- Safety management and training
We will develop and revise your manual suite to meet the unique requirements of your operation. Our proprietary CertAssure™ program integrates and links computer-based manuals for unmatched accuracy and interface with your documents and regulatory requirements. We also provide the training needed to implement the revised procedures and programs company-wide.
Regulatory Affairs Organization and Training
Do you want to reduce your number of LOIs and associated fines and penalties? JDA's experts can help you establish a company regulatory affairs group to manage and work with the regulatory organizations. JDA can help you set up an organizational structure, processes and procedures that will eliminate redundancy and help you respond to regulatory issues and requests more efficiently saving time and resources.
JDA experts can help you establish a company regulatory affairs group to manage and work better with the FAA and other regulatory organizations.
JDA Aviation Technology Solutions has developed a unique training course focused on expanding the FAA regulatory affairs knowledge for air carrier and repair station personnel. The course provides insight and details on FAA oversight, processes and procedures including:
- FAA Flight Standards organization and FSDO/CMO inspector duties, responsibilities, conduct, authority and limitations.
- FAA regulations, handbooks, policies, procedures, websites, and other materials.
- FAA investigative processes, and how best to review and respond to an FAA Letter of Investigation (LOI).
- Importance of documenting all communications with FAA personnel.
From the Blog
- Boeing’s decision on where to locate its B-777X plant should include the site’s Impact on related FAA costs.
December 6, 2013
- Long Island Airport Investment, without Regional Planning, may repeat Errors of the Past
December 6, 2013
- RAA’s Initiative on Pilot Shortage may result in Creative Ideas
December 5, 2013
JDA Aviation Technology Solutions
4720 Montgomery Lane
Bethesda, MD 20814
Toll Free: 1-877-JDA-AERO (877-532-2376)