Safety Assurance System (SAS) Support and Audits:
In 2015, the FAA Flight Standards (AFS) SAS became the new oversight system for Part 121, 135 and 145 certificate holders. Ultimately, SAS will be used for other applicable CFR parts. SAS plays 3 roles:
- Initial Certification for new Part 121 135 and 145 applicants to assess if applicants are authorized to conduct business per FAA regulations, policy and guidance
- Continued Operational Safety (COS) to assess compliance with regulations, ability to operate safely, proposed changes to an operators procedures and the resolution of safety concerns. COS is done through routine surveillance and certificate management.
- Assurance Support to manage work to be performed, oversight resources, analysis of safety data and process improvement
A key element of SAS will be assessing compliance using six safety attributes.
- Procedures: documented methods to accomplish a process.
- Controls: checks and restraints designed into processes to ensure desired result.
- Process Measures: used to validate a process and identify problems or potential problems in order to correct them.
- Interfaces: Interactions between processes that must be managed to ensure desired outcomes.
- Responsibility: clearly identifiable, qualified, and knowledgeable person who is accountable for the quality of a process.
- Authority: clearly identifiable, qualified, and knowledgeable person who has the authority to set up and change a process.
JDA's SAS experts will review your manuals, procedures and programs in a well-planned, phased and cost-effective method and identify and recommend revisions so that your manuals align with the new FAA SAS oversight process.
JDA's SAS Audit consists of four stages: Planning, Assessment, Development and Quality Audit coupled with a final report and recommended action plan.
Operational Assessments, Airworthiness and Safety Assessments
Benchmark your current operation and provide a blueprint for continued regulatory compliance. JDA's aviation specialists perform confidential assessments for:
- Operational control compliance
- Aircraft airworthiness
- Flight operations
- Safety management and training
We will develop and revise your manual suite to meet the unique requirements of your operation. Our proprietary CertAssure™ program integrates and links computer-based manuals for unmatched accuracy and interface with your documents and regulatory requirements. We also provide the training needed to implement the revised procedures and programs company-wide.
Regulatory Affairs Organization and Training
Do you want to reduce your number of LOIs and associated fines and penalties? JDA's experts can help you establish a company regulatory affairs group to manage and work with the regulatory organizations. JDA can help you set up an organizational structure, processes and procedures that will eliminate redundancy and help you respond to regulatory issues and requests more efficiently saving time and resources.
JDA experts can help you establish a company regulatory affairs group to manage and work better with the FAA and other regulatory organizations.
JDA Aviation Technology Solutions has developed a unique training course focused on expanding the FAA regulatory affairs knowledge for air carrier and repair station personnel. The course provides insight and details on FAA oversight, processes and procedures including:
- FAA Flight Standards organization and FSDO/CMO inspector duties, responsibilities, conduct, authority and limitations.
- FAA regulations, handbooks, policies, procedures, websites, and other materials.
- FAA investigative processes, and how best to review and respond to an FAA Letter of Investigation (LOI).
- Importance of documenting all communications with FAA personnel.
From the Blog
JDA Aviation Technology Solutions
4720 Montgomery Lane
Bethesda, MD 20814
Toll Free: 1-877-JDA-AERO (877-532-2376)